Monday, September 19, 2011

Today is the day !!

Morning has arrived after a good restful sleep. Thanking God as the flights ahead will be long. I feel the peace of God and the many prayers of family and friends who already have begun to pray. My precious family gathered last evening for laughs and fellowship along with a time of sweet prayer together. To hear each member offer a special word has been inscribed upon my heart. I am blessed ~ I will miss them dearly. My little Emmie (5 year old granddaughter) melted my heart when she burst into tears several times and asked me not to go. I explained how I would be seeing little children just like her and take their pictures so she could see them too. She asked me.."what will you say to them ? "  I replied..." I will ask them what their name is and that they are loved just like you. "  Of course...being 5 years old..that was enough. The moment was sealed with a promise of a baggie filled with special "MiMi" mints left in my kitchen for her while gone and a big hug and kiss.

I am excited to finish up the final details and head to the airport soon. Please remember Julie and I in prayer today as we travel, make connections and begin the lengthy legs of the trip overnight and into Tuesday. Keep checking back for our arrival and updates. Thank you for coming along.....love to you all ~

Off we goooooooooooo
    Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment